Sunday, March 24, 2013

Reddings Mill to Wildcat Glades

In my opinion, walking for exercise is fine as long as the scenery changes regularly.  My wife and I have seldom walked together for this reason.  Her theory, is that one should walk around the block, close to home, and get it over with.  Mine is that one should go where no man has gone before, or at least see different sights each time he hits the trail.

This spring I have decided that yes, I need to walk for my health, and no, I don't want to walk around the block day after day.  So, I plan to pick a variety of routes and trails where I can enjoy the benefit of being active, while also enjoying the scenery in the great outdoors.

One day during spring break, I took these pictures at the trail near Reddings Mill, MO.  It was a sunny day with a brisk coolness that made the walk enjoyable. The trail was easy and smooth, even after the winter.  I walked for about 55 minutes, traveling to the Wildcat Glades Visitor's Center and back again.  I hope to return during open hours to see the center and walk the trail on the south side of Shoal Creek.  There are a couple of good river access points in this area, also.





No comments:

Post a Comment